Friday, July 10, 2015

Sewing, Sewing and More Sewing

I have decided to try my hand at making homemade Christmas gifts this year, in the hopes to save a ton of money. I am a little worried that some will not be to pleased about this, but I am hoping and keeping my fingers crossed for the best.
 

I started with a gift for my niece and for my nephew.
I used this amazing FREE tutorial & pattern to make a set of fish....
Little Fishy Pattern

---This is the inspiration---
---These are mine---

I left the button eyes off, make them safer for the little ones.

I have made 2 sets of 5 fish each. I also placed a magnet in them. And I will be using a dowel rod with a magnet attached to the end as a fishing pole.
(Will post pics when I finish completely)
I must say, I am pretty happy with them SIMPLY because I had EVERYTHING to make them already in my craft room. It was all leftover material and stuffing.


 

I also learned an easier way to print my patterns. Now, I am sure I am the last person to figure this out. BUT, I used to print my patterns out on plain ole white printer paper.
So they would be sturdier, I would then tape them to a piece of cardstock and cut them out.
Silly me, I realized I had cardstock the exact size of my printer paper.

You can buy it really cheap, I get mine from Hobby Lobby. 50 sheets for around $2.50.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment