Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Wooden Jar Lids and Wall Sconces


 Taking ugly jars and making them "New" 

If your like me, then you see these kind of jars just about everywhere, 
thrift stores, Goodwills, garage sales, etc.. And usually for cheap, I got mine for $1.00 a piece.




BEFORE

The finished product. I am using them on my bakers rack to store my rice. 
AFTER

 Simple as can be, but I figured I'd share anyways. (I mentioned before, I have a brand new camera! A Canon Rebel T3. And I'm enjoying playing around with the setting's and flash.)

I painted the top of the lid with my tan paint. Does not have to be perfect, just a base coat and it's the color the star will be. 



After it dried, which only takes minutes with this Behr paint. (I picked ALL of my paint up on the reduced rack at Home Depot, I got them for 50 cents a can!) I placed down my star cutout. I used vinyl, which I have on hand for my cricut. I was to lazy to pull out my cricut just to cut 2 stars, so I just free handed them.


 I imagine Any sticker would work.



 I then painted the entire thing black, 2 coats. I let it dry and then peeled off the sticker. I then used my sanding pad to scuff it up a little bit. And called it finished! :)



My paints and sanding block used for today's projects. :)



Remember those ugly looking wall sconce's I posted about before?
Here's a refresher....


Here they are mostly done. 
I painted them, 2 coats. Then used my sanding block to scuff them up a little. 
I added some pipberries and stars, and called them done
Now I just have to get some candle's to grunge up, and they will be on my wall.





No comments:

Post a Comment