Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Fall Time...CANDY CORN




I love salt dough. So simple, so easy, so cheap.
Salt Dough


  • 1 cup of fine salt
  • 1 cup of flour
  • 1/2 cup of water (may add more)


  • Mix it all together. 

    I just hand mold some candy corn shapes and some mini pumpkin shapes.
    Any shapes will work.
    I bake mine for 3-4 hours at around 250 degrees.
    Once dry, I paint with craft paint.
    And apply a layer of sealant to help give it a more shiny appearance.





    I sewed some simple candy corn shapes.
    You could even hot glue instead of sewing. I see a lot of people use hot glue!
    Stuff and paint. Yes, paint! Right over top the material. So ANY material will work for this.
    Grubby them up a bit with cinnamon.
    It would even be cuter to attach a candy corn tag with a rusty pin.
    But I got lazy. Maybe I will add that one of these days.







    No comments:

    Post a Comment