Monday, April 28, 2014

Camper Remodel

I finished all up with the camper. Did not take me as long as I had hoped.
 (LOL I LOVE having projects to do)

I scrubbed the entire thing down.
I recovered all the valances.
Made curtains for all the windows.
Recovered the fold down couch.
Made pillows.
Made a shower curtain.
And went shopping! Got matching sheets and bedspread, towels, and rugs.

Now its time to go camping!
I am looking forward to it.

BEFORE

     The Couch BEFORE...The Couch AFTER                 
 
I could not even begin to imagine how to explain how I covered this couch. A ton of trial and error. I did remove the couch from it's frame first. Measured, measured and measured once more for good measure. (Hehe Had to throw that pun in)
Then I was able to use the wooden frame under the cushions to staple on my material.
LOTS of staples. It was actually easy, just time consuming and daunting because of the size.



Made bucket seats. 
Very simple to make! Used buckets from Home Depot. And hubby cut me a plywood topper for them. I use my bucket as a guide to measure how much material I needed to cut. And then sewed elastic in the top seam.
(I just winged mine. But HERE is a good tutorial)
You can see how I messed up the sewing for one of my buckets. I liked the more flowy look for my material. And on one of them, I cut the material too short! Oh well, live and learn.



I found a brand new sleeping bag at the thrift store in my EXACT colors! That really made my day!
 I draped it over the couch.









The BATHROOM.









The BEDROOM 

I hated the plastic room divider that was on the wall.
It easily came down.
I sewed a curtain, and hung it using a tension rod.


Have to hang the pictures yet...







KITCHEN








A couple more little things I want to do yet. But for the most part, it is finished! 




No comments:

Post a Comment