Thursday, January 23, 2014

Simple Sweater Hearts


This project is so simple.

I wasn't sure about them at first.
I mean, what is the point of a bunch of fabric hearts?
But then I decided, 
They are CUTE.
And there needs to be no more point or reason than that. :)






I doubled my material so that I had 2 layers. 
Then free handed a heart onto my material, which  happens to be an old sweater. 
I didn't worry about using a marker. It will be covered once sewn.

Then I pinned both pieces together. 
 


 Cut them out. 


Save the scrap pieces!
This is what I used to stuff my heart.



I had a giant needle on hand. 
Never used it before. 
It's perfect for sewing with yarn!
I cut about 30 inches of yarn. 




And started sewing around the edges. 



After it was all sewn, I hand tied the yarn into a knot, a couple time, then clipped the remaining yarn.
And the knots disappeared right into the fabric.
Working with a sweater is very forgiving.


All finished! 
And what a quick project!


And here I am, collecting my Jar Of Hearts....





No comments:

Post a Comment