Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Snowman In A Jar

I've seen photos all over Facebook of crafters making their own lil snowman scenery jars. 
So I had to try it myself.

Ok, well the craft started out great.
And I even got out my REAL camera to take photos of it all.
Then it all fell apart from there. LOL

After a few pictures, I got a visitor.
And it threw me off my game. 
So when I finally got back to crafting,
The snowman I was working on would not go together right.
So I gave up on the photos. 

So instead of sewing, I got out my glue gun. LOL

My first step was to make 3 round shapes for a snowman using this tutorial...

Well, that did NOT go so well for such a small snowman. 
Maybe if I would have hand sewn, but I DON'T hand sew.

 I finally just made three sloppy balls for my snowman.
Drew on a mouth, and attached a nose made from material shaped into a cone.
Wrapped a scarf around him.
Made a horrible hat using material and my glue gun.
No directions needed, as I just shaped and glued the best I could.

I placed him in a mason jar. Added a couple pieces of old garland that I cut down, 
hoping to make them look like tiny trees. 
And then I added some Bean Bag Fill to look like snow.
Maybe cotton would have looked better? Or even some fake snow bought at the store? 
But I used what I had on hand. :)
 
And here is my finished craft for the day.


Ya, nothing to be proud of for sure. But it is what it is. 

Wish me better luck on my next craft.
Projects like these are why my blog is called 
MAYBE I can make that.



No comments:

Post a Comment